This page gathers all the necessary documentations to setup your UMIP testbed. For a little bit of history and overview on IPv6, Mobile IPv6 and NEMO Basic Support, you can read this little overview.
Starting with UMIP
Find out how to build a mobility-ready kernel and UMIP from our source repository, as well as setup a Mobile IPv6 or NEMO Basic Support testbed with IPsec static keying.
- How to install UMIP (kernel and userland)
- How to setup a Mobile IPv6 testbed (with IPsec static keying)
- How to setup a NEMO Basic support testbed (with IPsec static keying)
- How to setup an IPsec/IKE-protected Mobile IPv6/NEMO testbed
- How to use UMIP with tunnel interfaces (Miredo)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find out how to use our repositories of experimental UMIP patches.
UMIP Debian Packages
Find out how to access the custom UMIP Debian packages, as well as create your own debian packages.
Find out how to setup a testbed for the TAHI Mobile IPv6 test suites. TAHI provides unit tests for Mobile IPv6 implementations, so you may be interested in such tools if you develop on UMIP.
UMIP and Linux Kernel documentations
András Takács has written very useful documentations on how packets are processed by the Kernel and UMIP:
- IPv6 Packet Flow in Linux Kernel
- MIPv6 Packet Flows
- Mobile IPv6 and IPsec Packet Generation
- Policy Routing: dst_entry Lookup in Linux kernel